My Traveling Shoes

Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality.
I've traveled so many miles in shoes that someone else bought for me, plain, poorly fitted, worn, second hand, hand me downs. Ohh, they hurt my feet and took me places that I didn't need to go, places that I didn't want to go. For many years I put them on. I was told it was my duty, but my heart was heavy and my cares so many.
Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality. I bought these shoes. I own these shoes. They are mine.
by Jeanne leigh...copyrighted...2007


JOIN ME ON MY ECLECTIC JOURNEY.....

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Blogging Again


Perhaps you've noticed that I set this blog up last November and only blogged five times. I'd like to continue this blog now and I feel I'm at a better place for making the time to write. I've journaled a great deal of my life, its just so different writing with pen and book and well, publishing what you write to the public is a whole different matter, isn't it? I'm 57 years old now and look pretty much the part. I've earned every gray hair in my head! I have to say that much of my life I've struggled to become a better person. I guess that is not really a bad thing, but I'm at a different place now. I am much more accepting of myself, right where I am, right now. I've come to feel more at home with myself. Don't get me wrong, I am open to change but that's a lot different then struggling, you know? I feel I'm more present to my life then ever before too. It is what it is. I am open to adventure as well but the everyday ordinary stuff is not so bad either. Well, I'm getting ready to leave for work at the library. Books...what a joy they are! Love to read!!! Sometimes its overwhelming...so many books...so little time. As my sister says, "Make it a great day!!" Peace.

No comments: