My Traveling Shoes

Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality.
I've traveled so many miles in shoes that someone else bought for me, plain, poorly fitted, worn, second hand, hand me downs. Ohh, they hurt my feet and took me places that I didn't need to go, places that I didn't want to go. For many years I put them on. I was told it was my duty, but my heart was heavy and my cares so many.
Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality. I bought these shoes. I own these shoes. They are mine.
by Jeanne leigh...copyrighted...2007


JOIN ME ON MY ECLECTIC JOURNEY.....

Monday, December 8, 2008

The Magic of Christmas


Well, we trimmed our Christmas Tree. Love the smell of the pine. The minute you come in the front door you can smell that lovely scent. My grandson, Noah helped us trim our tree and my cat Jada really was enjoying this new space, warm, glowing and well...a tree in the house.. She got quite cosy underneath it. Warmed my heart to see this because Jada is very shy and skiddish. Usually, anything or anyone new in the house will cause her to flee and hide. We really had a lovely time together. We listened to an album of Early American Christmas music. Noah was in wonder of every ornament. He wanted to look at each one and touch them. He got very good at saying, "This one is very fragile." :) We would tell him what the ornament was, if he didn't know and then a little story behind the ornaments that had one. I'm reminded that spending time and sharing ourselves with those we love, our family, friends and pets is a big part of this Christmas season. I am thanking God for all that is given and seeking to give what I can to those around me. Tis the Season to be jolly...Hope each of you that drop by here will be enjoying this Christmas Season immensely!!!!! Blessings to you all!

No comments: