My Traveling Shoes

Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality.
I've traveled so many miles in shoes that someone else bought for me, plain, poorly fitted, worn, second hand, hand me downs. Ohh, they hurt my feet and took me places that I didn't need to go, places that I didn't want to go. For many years I put them on. I was told it was my duty, but my heart was heavy and my cares so many.
Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality. I bought these shoes. I own these shoes. They are mine.
by Jeanne leigh...copyrighted...2007


JOIN ME ON MY ECLECTIC JOURNEY.....

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Learning to Play the Ukelele



I have a new interest/hobby and that is learning to play the ukelele. To be honest I have tried to play a few instruments but am very intimidated. Love music. Love to write lyrics and sing harmony. I am in a family of very talented musicians, my husband and two sons. I just seem to shut down and a wall comes up. Well, recently I saw a young lady whom I love to hear sing in a video and she was strumming a ukelele. I immediately connected with the idea. It is an instrument that is not so intimidating. Anyone can play a uke!!! It is often thought of like a kazoo, which I played very well as a young girl! ha! So, after much investigation, I found this beautiful black Kala tenor, archtop, with f notes instead of a hole in the center...so cool. She is even amplifiable. So we've been spending some time together and having a lot of fun.

Without realizing it, I have found that there is a bit of a ukelele renassaince happening. Crazy, hey? In my recent searching I found this amazing ukelele player and wanted to also share his video with you. Enjoy. It is wonderful. I guess with any instrument with inspiration, prespiration and raw talent...you can do fantastic things. You are never too old to do what you love:) Let's live each moment to the best of our abilities!~Peace

4 comments:

Bill said...

Have fun with your new toy. When I was little, my dad brought me a uke when he returned home from a mission in some tropical place.

Scott W said...

I got a guitar for Christmas once when I was a youngster. I learned to play Old McDonald Had a Farm. That was all I learned, my weird instructor spent our lesson time playing his own guitar. Like that was supposed to teach or inspire me.

jeanne leigh said...

That is so sweet Bill. Did you try to play it? Or was it more of a toy. My grandson is too little. He just pretends, but has fun.


Scott, that is so cute that you learned to play that:) What a horrid teacher sitting and playing his own guitar...rotten, really! For shame, for shame!! Oh well, you were suppose to paint and draw!!

Thanks to both of you for stopping by. I'll keep you posted as I learn. ~Peace, Jeanne

Jeff said...

What a great new experience for you! I'm eagerly awaiting some new songs ... Merton meets Don Ho? It might work! There's a folk singer around here that teaches Ukelele and the put on a concert each year. I'll see how your experience goes and maybe give it a shot. Peace, Jeff