My Traveling Shoes

Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality.
I've traveled so many miles in shoes that someone else bought for me, plain, poorly fitted, worn, second hand, hand me downs. Ohh, they hurt my feet and took me places that I didn't need to go, places that I didn't want to go. For many years I put them on. I was told it was my duty, but my heart was heavy and my cares so many.
Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality. I bought these shoes. I own these shoes. They are mine.
by Jeanne leigh...copyrighted...2007


JOIN ME ON MY ECLECTIC JOURNEY.....

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Trusting Myself

All through my childhood and the first eighteen years of my adult life, I thought that I had to seek the direction of my life outside of myself, through those wiser and stronger then myself. Due to poor self-esteem and false teachings from my Christian leadership, I was taught not to trust my own heart. Scriptures such as "Our hearts are deceitfully wicked, who can know it" were used out of context. I am grateful that the last twenty years or so, I have come to know better. Thank you God. Thank you for the angels....the lovely people you sent my way to show me a better, more truthful way of finding my path. Writer Joan Mills observes, "I'd gone through life believing in the strength and confidence of others; never my own . "Now, dazzled, I discovered that my capacities were real. It was like finding a fortune in the lining of an old coat." Yes, that is how I have felt, as I have learned to look within and listen deeply for direction. I love what Anna Freud says about these matters. She says, "Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training." How true! I am so glad that this is true! Peace!!! ~Jeanne

1 comment:

The Quilted Pomegranate said...

I can relate so well to this post. If there is anything I want to leave behind in this world is the message to my children to trust their hearts and find ways to keep access to that precious part of all of us! Jeanne, you were an amazing gift to me so many years ago, and still today!!