My Traveling Shoes

Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality.
I've traveled so many miles in shoes that someone else bought for me, plain, poorly fitted, worn, second hand, hand me downs. Ohh, they hurt my feet and took me places that I didn't need to go, places that I didn't want to go. For many years I put them on. I was told it was my duty, but my heart was heavy and my cares so many.
Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality. I bought these shoes. I own these shoes. They are mine.
by Jeanne leigh...copyrighted...2007


JOIN ME ON MY ECLECTIC JOURNEY.....

Monday, March 16, 2009

Thou Who Hast First Loved Us


This piece is a favorite of mine. It is a beautiful reminder of God's great love for each of us. It was written by Soren Kierrkegaard. Hope you have a lovely Tuesday.

Thou who first loved us, O God, alas! We speak of it in terms of history as if Thou has loved us first but a single time, rather than that without ceasing Thou hast loved us first many times and everyday and our whole life through. When we wake up in the morning and turn our soul toward Thee--Thou art the first--Thou hast loved us first; if I rise at dawn and at the same second turn my soul toward Thee in prayer, Thou art there ahead of me, Thou hast loved me first. When I withdraw from the distractions of the day and turn my soul in thought toward Thee, Thou art the first and thus forever. And yet, we always speak ungratefully as if Thou has loved us first only once. ~ Prayers by Soren Kierrkegaard

1 comment:

teleiaphilia said...

I absolutely love this prayer by SK! I've had this book for years and come back to it often. There is so much in it that draws me into an encounter with Christ. I was looking for the text of this prayer online to copy and paste on my own site when I stumbled upon your site. I'm glad I did. I enjoy reading your words. God bless!