My Traveling Shoes

Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality.
I've traveled so many miles in shoes that someone else bought for me, plain, poorly fitted, worn, second hand, hand me downs. Ohh, they hurt my feet and took me places that I didn't need to go, places that I didn't want to go. For many years I put them on. I was told it was my duty, but my heart was heavy and my cares so many.
Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality. I bought these shoes. I own these shoes. They are mine.
by Jeanne leigh...copyrighted...2007


JOIN ME ON MY ECLECTIC JOURNEY.....

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dust on Diamonds

Yesterday, I had the great pleasure of going with my husband Jim, my youngest son, Jamen and his child Noah to an afternoon movie. Noah is only three and always brings such light and life into the house when he comes to stay. We stopped at the bank to get some money on the way and while Jim went in, Noah noticed a handicapped sign on the wall next to where we were parked. Noah asked what the man in the circle was. Jamen explained that it was a symbol for people who were handicapped, or injured, or for some reason physically challenged and had a hard time walking to the front door. He explained how they make and save the special parking place closer to make it easier for them. Noah was quiet for a moment and then said rather matter of factly, " I have an idea. We could carry them in and gently put them down." For a moment I was so struck with the purity of this thought. It really touched me, because he was so sincere. No wonder Jesus said that we needed to be like a little child. Simple but beautifully pure and true.

I read a devotion recently that compared our faults and sins as 'dust on diamonds'. As I read it, the words came off the page and the image stuck in my mind. That is how precious each of us are. Even when though there is dust, we are still diamonds. We are diamonds in God's eyes. Precious and beautiful, made in God's image. Each of us is multifacited, sparkling, mysterious, glorious, full of many colors, and unique. We just need to own what we are and let what we are shine bright.

3 comments:

The Quilted Pomegranate said...

Ah the eloquency of children!

Scott W said...

Sweet thoughts from children. We can substitute sins for negative thoughts.

jeanne leigh said...

Yes, Nann...eloquent. Scott I think negative thoughts is better description. Thank you both! ~Peace