My Traveling Shoes

Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality.
I've traveled so many miles in shoes that someone else bought for me, plain, poorly fitted, worn, second hand, hand me downs. Ohh, they hurt my feet and took me places that I didn't need to go, places that I didn't want to go. For many years I put them on. I was told it was my duty, but my heart was heavy and my cares so many.
Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality. I bought these shoes. I own these shoes. They are mine.
by Jeanne leigh...copyrighted...2007


JOIN ME ON MY ECLECTIC JOURNEY.....

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Courage




I wanted to share two powerful quotes that I came across this week. They are wonderful reminders for all of us...to be true to ourselves and to continue to dream and own our visions.


Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly. Hold fast to dreams for when dreams go life is a barren field frozen with snow. ~ Langson Hughes

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which anyone can fight; and never stop fighting. ~ e.e. cummings

5 comments:

Scott W said...

e.e. was right on!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Both are beautiful poems, thanks for putting them on your blog. The art, trees, what is that? It's beautiful as well.
Keep up with the blog, it's work but a work of the heart.

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Jeanne,

Thanks for sharing that with us!

Have a very Happy Easter!! :)

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?

May the Lord bless you and your family!!

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog
-or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

Syd said...

Thanks for stopping by and following my blog. It's nice to have found your site. I like poetry and the quote from Langston Hughes hit home.

Jeff said...

Thanks for the kind words! We a very nice, low-key Easter (if that's possible!). I enjoyed your pics of Noah on Myspace, looks like he certainly had a good time. I suspect his Grandparents did as well. :-) Continued Blessings.