My Traveling Shoes

Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality.
I've traveled so many miles in shoes that someone else bought for me, plain, poorly fitted, worn, second hand, hand me downs. Ohh, they hurt my feet and took me places that I didn't need to go, places that I didn't want to go. For many years I put them on. I was told it was my duty, but my heart was heavy and my cares so many.
Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality. I bought these shoes. I own these shoes. They are mine.
by Jeanne leigh...copyrighted...2007


JOIN ME ON MY ECLECTIC JOURNEY.....

Wednesday, January 13, 2010


I love this prayer. There was a time that I thought things were very black and white and simple in my walk with God. The Years have shown me different. I do know that God holds us, loves us, and no matter what - will be with us and teach us through all of our lives. Seeking God with all our hearts, we walk in faith, trusting God to show us the way to grow and deepen. This prayer says it all!!

A Prayer by Thomas Merton



My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going.

I don’t see the road ahead of me.

I cannot know for certain where it will end.

Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following Your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.

But I believe that the desire to please You does in fact please You.

And I hope that I have that desire in all that I am doing.

I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.

And I know that if I do this, You will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it.

Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death.

I will not fear, for You are ever with me, and You will never leave me to face my perils alone.

2 comments:

Kathy M. said...

Wonderful prayer. Thanks for posting it. I'm glad I found your blog. It's nice to meet you.

jeanne leigh said...

Thank YOU for finding me, Kathy. I too, was raised in an alcoholic family and deeply effected by it. I have been an alanon member as well. I will visit your site soon. Thank you!! Peace, Jeanne