My Traveling Shoes

Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality.
I've traveled so many miles in shoes that someone else bought for me, plain, poorly fitted, worn, second hand, hand me downs. Ohh, they hurt my feet and took me places that I didn't need to go, places that I didn't want to go. For many years I put them on. I was told it was my duty, but my heart was heavy and my cares so many.
Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality. I bought these shoes. I own these shoes. They are mine.
by Jeanne leigh...copyrighted...2007


JOIN ME ON MY ECLECTIC JOURNEY.....

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Music Therapy

Last Sunday on the CBS Sunday Morning Show: (CLICK ON THIS LINK BELOW)
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/01/24/sunday/main6136473.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody hosted by Charles Osgood, there was a segment about a popular new jazz singer named Melody Gardot. Incredible story, great talent that all came about through a terrible accident where at the age of 19 she was bicycling in Philedelphia where she was attending a community college, studying Fashion. A jeep ran a red light and hit her. She suffered a broken pelvis, injured spine and a brain injury. Give this a listen. Music therapy was the key to her recovery. I've always loved the idea of music and art and the healing power they possess.

I love in the interview when she is asked, "You went from not being able to speak to writing and singing beautiful music. How did you do that?" Melody replied, "That is a question for God." This is a very inspiring story. I also want to share one of her videos with you. ENJOY!!! ~Jeanne

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I've got one of her cd's, think she has made two, and her voice is fabulous!
We don't have the bandwidth to see the i-view but already know her voice is wonderful/

jeanne leigh said...

Yes, I have them both CD's and I am quite impressed with her songwriting and singing ability. One of my new favorites:) Thanks for stopping by, Sandra

Syd said...

Thanks for sharing this.

jeanne leigh said...

My pleasure:) Thanks for stopping by, Syd!