My Traveling Shoes

Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality.
I've traveled so many miles in shoes that someone else bought for me, plain, poorly fitted, worn, second hand, hand me downs. Ohh, they hurt my feet and took me places that I didn't need to go, places that I didn't want to go. For many years I put them on. I was told it was my duty, but my heart was heavy and my cares so many.
Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality. I bought these shoes. I own these shoes. They are mine.
by Jeanne leigh...copyrighted...2007


JOIN ME ON MY ECLECTIC JOURNEY.....

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Good Place to Start


I'm learning to play the ukulele, had it for about a year but haven't played it as much as I'd hoped. I am seeking to spend more time with it and began writing this little tune. Thought I'd share the words with you now and hopefully by the end of summer get a video of me singing it. Hope you like it. Thanks


I want to live my life from my heart
Seems like a good place to start
I want to live it true
Like Rumi said, "The Beauty you love
Let it be what you do."


Some days they seem so dark
Other days are quite sublime
As far as I can tell
It's a sacred thing
This passing of time


The joys come and the sorrows go
Then the sorrows come and the joys go
Life is just this kind of ebb and flow


Let it go
Let it go
Let it go


We're all walking down this crazy road
Sometimes with a heavy load
Lessons to learn
Bridges to build
And Bridges to burn


Its a complicated life
Time to simplify
Hold on to what is real
Let go of what is not
Just let it fly
Just say good-bye.....


The joys come and the sorrows go
Then the sorrows come and the joys go
Life is just this kind of ebb and flow


Let it go
Let it go
Let it go


By- jeanne denton



3 comments:

Sandra said...

Like your song and what it says.

jeanne leigh said...

Thank you Sandra!!! You are a blessing.

Syd said...

Nice Jeanne! It definitely has a lot of meaning for me. There are so many things that I simply have had to let go of. And I am much better off for having done so.