My Traveling Shoes

Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality.
I've traveled so many miles in shoes that someone else bought for me, plain, poorly fitted, worn, second hand, hand me downs. Ohh, they hurt my feet and took me places that I didn't need to go, places that I didn't want to go. For many years I put them on. I was told it was my duty, but my heart was heavy and my cares so many.
Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality. I bought these shoes. I own these shoes. They are mine.
by Jeanne leigh...copyrighted...2007


JOIN ME ON MY ECLECTIC JOURNEY.....

Thursday, July 1, 2010

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

It is very dangerous to go into eternity with possibilities which one has oneself prevented from becoming realities. A possibility is a hint from God. One must follow it. In every one there is latent the highest possibility, one must follow it. If God does not wish it then let God prevent it, but one must not hinder oneself. Trusting to God I have dared, but I was not successful; in that is to be found peace, calm, and confidence in God. I have not dared: that is a woeful thought, a torment in eternity. - From the Journals of Kierkegaard, 18

I love this quote. I believe that we can rob ourselves of so many opportunities just because of fear or self-doubt sometimes just from the voices in our heads. I think we have to move forward with our hopes, dreams, visions and goals in spite of the fear and the obstacles within ourselves. Then, whatever we are able to accomplish will be such a delight. We can then trust that we have done our best. I don't believe we take our failures into eternity, but I think that statement helps stress the importance of not giving up on those things we feel drawn to.

Blessings on each and everyone of you. Peace, Jeanne

1 comment:

Syd said...

I don't plan to give up on my hopes and dreams. Glad that you are moving forward with yours as well.