My Traveling Shoes

Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality.
I've traveled so many miles in shoes that someone else bought for me, plain, poorly fitted, worn, second hand, hand me downs. Ohh, they hurt my feet and took me places that I didn't need to go, places that I didn't want to go. For many years I put them on. I was told it was my duty, but my heart was heavy and my cares so many.
Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality. I bought these shoes. I own these shoes. They are mine.
by Jeanne leigh...copyrighted...2007


JOIN ME ON MY ECLECTIC JOURNEY.....

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Your Own Little House

My favorite movies are the old Classics. I love the simplicity of how they are filmed especially that they are in black and white. I am intrigued with the stories and getting to know these characters of long ago. I enjoy seeing the styles, fashions, décor of the homes and models of the cars. These old films easily hold my interest. I particularly love the films with the music of the 20’s - 40’s. I am captivated by the big band music and the jazzy bluesy tunes.



A few days ago for the first time, I watched a comedy “Here Comes the Groom” directed by Frank Capra in 1951 starring Bing Crosby, Jane Wyman, and Alexis Smith. In 1952 this film won the Oscar for Best Musical /Original Song with “In the Cool, Cool, Cool, of the Evening” written by Hoagy Carmichael-music and Johnny Mercer-lyrics.


I wanted to share this little tune called “Your Own Little House” lyrics by Ray Evans and music by Jay Livingston. This movie is about the work of Bing Crosby’s character, Paul Garvey, a Foreign Correspondent who is working with the war orphans in Paris and finds himself adopting two of the children, but must be married in 5 days or he will lose his adoption. It’s pretty crazy and ridiculous, but entertaining. Thank God we have changed our ideas about women and their place in the world from the understanding held by the writers of this screenplay! It is true to its era.


I was touched by this little song because one of the girls had just been adopted and one of the boys asked Garvey, if he will ever have a house/home and this song is Garvey’s reply.


In the song he teaches the children the value of their bodies. That the body they have been given is the house of their minds, hearts and souls and all they hold dear. So many children and adults need to be reminded of this. No matter where we are or what we are going through we have ourselves to love, respect and care for. We belong to ourselves and the Creator who made us. Sweet message at this Christmas time. Hope you enjoy it. Bing Crosby’s performance is fun and delightfully playful.

Merry Christmas! Be good to yourselves. You are the only you that you have! Jeanne


No comments: