My Traveling Shoes

Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality.
I've traveled so many miles in shoes that someone else bought for me, plain, poorly fitted, worn, second hand, hand me downs. Ohh, they hurt my feet and took me places that I didn't need to go, places that I didn't want to go. For many years I put them on. I was told it was my duty, but my heart was heavy and my cares so many.
Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality. I bought these shoes. I own these shoes. They are mine.
by Jeanne leigh...copyrighted...2007


JOIN ME ON MY ECLECTIC JOURNEY.....

Saturday, July 2, 2011

New Adventures

Last Wednesday we moved to Damascus, VA. We landed in such a beautiful place. We are so happy to be here with the river, natural beauty of the trail and mountains. The town is quaint with a lot of different Bed and Breakfast places and cottages throughout the town and along the trail. It is lovely. Sitting on my front porch every morning I see a family of geese making their way to the river. Never lived some place where geese walk quietly down the road with no fear. Great experience to see!



The first few days our old bodies and even Jamen’s young body were aching all over. So much energy was expended and so many muscles exercised packing our belongings, loading the truck, and cleaning the house where we had lived for 6 years. I’m happy to say we had 3 ladies from Jim’s new church and our oldest son Justin to help us with the unloading and some dear friends came in the evening to help but we didn’t have a drop of energy to do even one more thing. Instead we enjoyed their company! So, the next day we moved furniture around and now we have begun the unpacking of all these boxes and arranging things in our new place. We are not done by any means.

Our two cats Poncho and Jada were traumatized at first by our move. We have always lived in small ranch style homes and we now live in a big, old, spacious, open home with an upstairs. Our cats squalled for 3 days. They were so upset. Finally, they seem settled and happy. The stairs are a big adjustment to our leg muscles, too! Love this big old house!!! We were finally ready to go for a walk on the trail once our muscles stopped screaming for mercy! This is a treasure to be so near these trails. Therapeutic in so many ways!

I went for a long walk this morning. It was lovely out. Took a few pictures. I had the great pleasure of watching a tiny girl begin her first bike ride on the trail. Her mom was down the trail from me watching her take that first ride. I was at the other end looking at her beautiful little face. She was smiling from ear to ear. She was only riding a little ways and then turning to go back. This was a test drive. As she passed me I said, “ Wow, you are good! Look at you go!” She was delighted. I told her mother, “She is so proud!” Her mom laughed and said, “ Last year she was too little to ride the trail, so this will be her first year.” I wish I could have taken a picture of that little girl. I’m not sure where the family lives, but the whole family was renting bikes to ride. I thought about that little girl’s face, her excitement and joy many times throughout the morning. My prayer is for each of us to have that kind of love and joy about the things we are able to do each day! Children remind us of so many things! Reminder: Be grateful and happy and take time to enjoy the things you love to do!!

By the way I know some of the ducks by the river are obviously ducks, but these white birds seemed to be geese. They were eating leaves and grass…but they don’t look as long necked as the geese I have seen before. Took a picture. Does anybody know? Tried to Google it but none of the pictures looked quite like these. If you know, feel free to inform me! Thanks. Peace. Jeanne


My Grandchildren are loving this place! Noah has been fishing and is taking a dip into the water on this fine hot day. Blessings!!!


2 comments:

sue smith said...

I loved seeing this picture of noah and remembering him when he was so tiny Blessings to you and family as you take this next leg of the journ ey Id love to come n visit you n jim at your church sometime

jeanne leigh said...

Thank you so much Sue! Yes, Noah is a big boy and the light of all of our lives:) Charlize too! YES, you must come and see us and hang out...we would love that! Peace, Jeanne