My Traveling Shoes

Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality.
I've traveled so many miles in shoes that someone else bought for me, plain, poorly fitted, worn, second hand, hand me downs. Ohh, they hurt my feet and took me places that I didn't need to go, places that I didn't want to go. For many years I put them on. I was told it was my duty, but my heart was heavy and my cares so many.
Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality. I bought these shoes. I own these shoes. They are mine.
by Jeanne leigh...copyrighted...2007


JOIN ME ON MY ECLECTIC JOURNEY.....

Monday, November 21, 2011

Kiss of an Angel

In 1990, I found myself in a very difficult place. I was leaving a Ministry/Intentional Community where I had lived and worked for twenty years. I’d invested my youth, creativity and all that I was and had in this work, but the fact remained that I had come to a place of growth and change that did not allow me to continue to be part of this organization. Yet, the people of this community were my “family,” church, employers and neighbors. It’s a hard thing to understand unless you have lived such an experience. The leadership at that time did not take kindly to folks leaving which was unfortunate for us all. So, thus the beginning of our difficulties.


I had just lost a brother to AIDS and had cared for him during the most difficult 18 months of his life. I was beginning to reconnect with my natural family who had never been close. Jim and I were starting over in so many ways. My children were going through major adjustments. Jim and I were finding new jobs having been out of the secular work force for 20 years. At times all of these adjustments were overwhelming.

I was meeting with a Spiritual Director weekly which was helpful. I knew our decision to leave was right and good for our family. I was grateful we had the courage to make a new life for ourselves. I prayed and worked hard each day to be there for my family and sought to make the best of each new situation that arose.

One night I had a dream. It was more then a dream. Something was spoken to my spirit, a word was given to my heart that we would be all right. A peace came over me which was a gift that I will never forget. I was so moved by the experience that I wrote these words which became a song that Jim later wrote the music for. It reminds me that in those times when we feel we cannot take another step forward, if we will open our hearts and spirits to that which is greater than ourselves, then we will be carried, held and given what we need to move forward. I am thankful for this truth!!!

I named the song “Kiss of an Angel.” Here are the words
Kiss of an Angel


It was the Kiss of an Angel that spoke to me
As I awoke, was it only a dream?
It was a tender moment that I could not touch.
That I could not grasp, to me it gave so much.


Through time and space not a sound it did make,
With light more gold than honey but much Sweeter to the taste.


It was a moment of knowing that I will not forget
There is no need for explanation, I simply choose to believe it.
It was a different kind of music, a melody in perfect time,
A symphony of salvation a song with holy rhyme.


Through time and space not a sound it did make
With light more gold than honey but much sweeter to the taste.


It was the Kiss of an Angel that spoke to me
As I awoke, was it only a dream?


~Jeanne Leigh Denton



HAPPY THANKSGIVNG FROM OUR HOME TO YOURS!!!!









2 comments:

~ deb said...

Somehow I missed THIS entry in your Traveling Shoes Blog ~ but found it after reading the the Winter Solstice one.

you wrote:
"One night I had a dream.
It was more then a dream.
Something was spoken to my spirit, a word was given to my heart that we would be all right.
A peace came over me which was a gift that I will never forget."

I Love this Jeanne ~ I too had a couple of these VERY PROFOUND experiences (actually FIVE ~ that I SO vividly remember Every detail-even Now!) That I will Never Forget!! ~ and Totally KNOW That Peace you speak of.

On one of those occasions, about a year before we moved to Romania in 1995, the LORD gave me a vision. One that enabled me, in a Most Awesome, comforting way, to put my children, our family, in God hands AND to give my Heart such a Peace ~ it is almost indescribable.

The event left me in a state of spiritual AND physical HIGH ~ for two Weeks!!! (Bob was visiting in Romania at the time...)
So hard to describe, tho one who has experienced this KNOWS Exactly what these words will fail to accurately define.

It sounds like we both KNOW That Peace!!
God knows we both needed it for the adventure and unknown road ahead!!
~ and it lead me and it carried me!
even when others (in the commune) were starting that thing that was so common then ~ of shunning and ostracizing.

The certainty that GOD had visited me personally and spoken not only words ~ but showed me a picture AND left this AMAZING PEACE in my Soul, was SO convincing, that NOTHING would dissuade me from the Truth.

Thanks for sharing your story and your Song ~ I so Get It!!
~ deb

jeanne leigh said...

Deb, thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read these posts. This means so much to me. Also, thank you for sharing your experience and understanding of it. Beautiful story that you share here. I am delighted to know it! What a gift we have been given. I appreciate you. Blessings, Jeanne