My Traveling Shoes

Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality.
I've traveled so many miles in shoes that someone else bought for me, plain, poorly fitted, worn, second hand, hand me downs. Ohh, they hurt my feet and took me places that I didn't need to go, places that I didn't want to go. For many years I put them on. I was told it was my duty, but my heart was heavy and my cares so many.
Done found myself a new pair of travelin' shoes to wear on this leg of my journey. Handmade to fit and suit me just right, supportin' and comfortin' me each step of the way.They are wild and colorful as I chose them to be, they suit my personality. I bought these shoes. I own these shoes. They are mine.
by Jeanne leigh...copyrighted...2007


JOIN ME ON MY ECLECTIC JOURNEY.....

Friday, November 23, 2012

A Guest House

I have a wonderful book called, A YEAR WITH RUMI Daily Readings by Coleman Barks. I love his introduction as much as the poems he has compiled for us readers. As I read yesterday’s poem, November 22nd I connected deeply with Rumi’s words once again. It was a perfect message for Thanksgiving Day.

We cannot get away from ourselves. We must befriend all that is within us. It is love that heals us, that will lessen the negative and wounded parts of ourselves. WE must look to God and our own love to save us. WE must choose to let that love move through us in our reality where we live every minute of every day. Think on these words:

 

THE GUEST HOUSE
This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival. 

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
Some momentary awareness come
As an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all.
Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
Who violently sweep your house
Empty of its furniture,
Still, treat each guest honorably. 

He may be clearing you out
For some new delight. 

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
Meet them at the door laughing,
And invite them in. 

Be grateful for whoever comes,
Because each has been sent
As a guide from beyond. 

~ Rumi
 

I am becoming more thankful for all of myself. I am learning to love and forgive my own weaknesses and to own and make useful with gratitude and humility, my strengths. Isn’t it interesting that we always refer to these as gifts? This is my prayer for my own life and for you as well! 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! With much love…until next time..Thanks for stopping by! PEACE, Jeanne

No comments: